Hi! I’m Kaila Desjardins (she/her), and I’m a freelance editor and aspiring author living on unceded Algonquin Anishinaabe territory (aka Ottawa, Canada). When I’m not working with a client or on my business, I’m likely writing, editing, or daydreaming about my current writing project. Or the book I’m reading. Basically, my brain is always focused on one story or another!
I love (and I mean love), helping writers make their poetry and picture books the best they can possibly be. Each project feels like I’ve been invited into my clients’ lives and imaginations, and I’m honoured every time someone lets me in.
Qualifications and Courses:
• Member of Editors Canada
• Received Editing Essentials qualification through Editors Canada
• B.A. in English from the University of Ottawa
• Certificate in Copyediting and Proofreading from Universal Class
• Copyediting: Beginning (Editorial Freelancers Association)
• Copyediting: Intermediate (EFA)
• Proofreading and Copyediting with the Chicago Manual of Style (EFA)
• Copyediting Fiction (EFA)
• Editing Children’s Picture Books (EFA)
A few fun facts about me:
• My favourite poem is Edgar Allan Poe’s “Annabel Lee”
• My favourite children’s book is The Velveteen Rabbit
• My favourite novels are the Serpent & Dove trilogy
• I’m a nerd – Disney World is my happy place and I’m a proud Trekkie 🙂
• I love a good nature walk
Interested in working together? Contact me!
Copyright © 2021-2023 Kaila Desjardins Editing. All rights reserved.